New Zealand VII - Breaking free

Breaking free...

Since January I am now alone on my way in New Zealand. And I learned that I am never really alone. I met so many people in this time that became such close friends, so that I never felt lost. Of course there were moments when I was sad or a little bit irritated. But I had my friends to talk to. I also know that I have always my family to talk to. If you have people like my friends and family in your life, you can reach whatever you want. You will get a strong backup. And that is one of the most important things in life I would say. Money can buy you a lot, but never the happiness that comes from deep inside. I had such an experience over the last few weeks and it will guide me forever. I met these people in the house I was living in while I was working in a really hard business. Some people asked me why I am still there? And I answered: I don't know. But I know. Now. It was because of the people surrounding me. It was hard working in a vineyard with all that pressure with the minimum wage and if you're boss is not always really reliable than it is even harder, as if everything would go in a correct and easy way. But I was not alone. All together we strengthen ourselves and got through all this. And especially in the last few weeks I met these girls there. And they became the closest friends I might have ever had in my life. I am not saying that I had no other really close friends before, but the bonding I had with these girls...it is almost indescribable. 
In my time in Blenheim I had a lot of ups and downs because of my travelling. I had to decide how its going on and what are my further plans. Do I want to go back to Germany or do I would like to go on and enjoy the travel for a little bit longer? When I came to Blenheim I was absolutely sure that I don't want to live in Germany for the next few years, but when I left this town with my girls I thought totally different. I found something in this time, that made a change in my feelings about home. I am not so sure if I want to be away for another year. Where this change is coming is coming from? I can't really say it. It is just the feeling.that overcomes me now sometimes.
What is it that makes travelling so special? Is it the thought to be so far away from everything you know or is it hat appeal for the adventure? I came to the conclusion that it might be, that we are feeling free while we are travelling. Not prejudiced by people who know us already for so long that they can't see more than the person we always have been. Far away with people we have never seen before, all looking for new and exciting things, we can be whoever we want to be. We got free from the chains of daily life and are going wherever our thoughts are bringing us. We are not determinated by social rules or pressure, we are mostly free to do what we want to do. Yes from time to time, we have to settle down for a while to earn some money. That is unfortunately the only real restriction we have to respond to, because it is like it is: money is directing the world. Without money we cannot do so much. But it still depends on what you are doing with it. We are coming to a place, earning the money, we need to go on and travel. To see the world. To feel free. It sounds like we are still chained to money. But can we ever break free of it? I think we should be clear about, that it is not the money getting us the happiness. We can come closer to it with it, but is that true happiness? 
Most people are afraid of going on a travel like I do it. It is mostly  because what we are learning from childhood on. It's a pressure from society that we can't just ignore. You have to be in school and then you should go for apprenticeship and working, planning a family and being trapped in a daily routine. It's sounds kind of narrow-minded. But that's the way I see the german way of life. It's going to be a little better by now, but it is still widespread. I think from time to time we should do what we want to. But we scared. Scared to do something out of the ordinary. But that's maybe the reason why we feel so free while travelling. Because we are doing something totally different, something brave. You are going for something strange, something you haven't know before. Something that might challenge you. I always dreamed about going for a Working-Holiday, but it took me a lot to do the first step. After that was done it was exciting to organize everything. And when the time was there to say goodbye for a year it was hard. I can't tell how many nights I was lying awake in my bed and thinking: why am I doing this? Why do I want to go away and leave everyone and everything I already know behind? I was afraid, yes. I was nervous, what's about to happen far away from what I've known all my live. To be honest I was happy in the beginning not to go alone. That at least one person I know is there with me. 
It was a scarifying experience to be so far away from your own world. And I am glad to be here. Since almost a year I am on travel now. And it quite caught me. I want to see, to experience, to try more. I did a step into a new world. I took the one step out of normal life. I did the one step many people are too scared off. AND I am happy that I did it! I found myself in situations that challenged me in a way I could never imagine. And I did the one step that now let me feel free and more consciousness of myself than ever before! I can just advice everyone to take the one step out of ordinary and normal from time to time. It doesn't has to be a year or something totally crazy. Just sometimes we should do something different. Something we really want to do but we never had the courage or the 'time' to do. That's the way to happiness! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home! Sweet Home!

Favourite pictures of NewZealand