Home! Sweet Home!



"You know, some famous guy once said: 'To travel is better than to arrive.' And I was like, 'What?' Because I used to think that there was only one path to take to where you want to be in life. But, if you choose that one path, it doesn't mean you have to abandon all the other ones. I realize that it's actually what happens along the way that counts, the stumbles, the falls, and the friendships. It's the journey and not the destination. You just gotta, I guess, trust that the future is gonna work itself out like it's supposed to." - Moose

Since exactly 18 days I am back home in Germany. On the 2nd of February I landed in Frankfurt around 6 o'clock in the morning. As some of you still might know, I posted earlier a text about my fears going home. How I am feeling now that I am home? First hand: I am happy. Most of those old troubles I was so scared of, are gone. It's not that they just vanished, but I am another person and in some ways it kind of feels like a fresh start. I thought it could be weird to see all these people again after I went through such an adventure. I gave up everything to go somewhere on the other side of the world without really knowing how much it is going to change me. I am more appreciating every day more than ever. When I put together all my stuff and went away I did it. I just freaking did it. I wasn't waiting for that one day to do it anymore. I just went.
It was nice to see faces lighting up when they see you again after such a long time and being really happy that you are back. And I am happy that apparently this time overseas taught me to handle all my trouble in a more relaxed way. When I decided to go for some time somewhere else in the world, it was also because I felt like my life was too twisted to let me breathe. I felt like I was chained. Surrounded by some troubles which took away my breath. I needed some time off really urgently. 

My time in New Zealand taught me lessons, that I am going to need all my life. Especially that even that a time looks desperate and difficult, you just have to have faith. Faith, that everything is going to be alright and better times are on the way. Life is about change. 

"Change is the only constant in life." Heraclitus

Sometimes you have to go through a valley to get to the summit. Sometimes I was so scared over there in New Zealand, that I was thinking about to go home Immediately. But in one of these moments I talked to a very good friend of mine and she said to me: "Don't. You will regret it. You will regret that you went home because you had a difficult time over there." The thing is: You are there. Far away from everything and everyone you know. You might be 'alone'. But you are not. Your friends and family are still there. You might can't go to them to get a good talk&coffee with them or get a hug from them, but they are there. They got your back. And this friend was right. There are situations you just want to give up and go back. There are situations you have no choice. There are situations you really want to go home, because something happened at home. But to go home because you have a difficult time? She was right: I would have regret it. And so I couldn't be happier about having a friend that reminds me of things like that. Who is there for me even that we are on two sides of the world. Who I can always count on. And it is not about how many good friends you have in life. If you just have one of such a good friend like her, you know you don't want not to have this person in your life. 
Some might ask now: But why did I left my home when I had just a hard time there? Because in this case it was not about just having troubles. It was about not being sure who I am and who I want to be. About recognizing things in your life, that are poisoning and not knowing how to get rid of them. Because sometimes we are too close to let go. Sometimes we are looking to desperate on situations so that we can't see the way out. And in these times it is maybe better to take a step back or get a look from a little bit further away. That's why I left. To get a look from the distance, so that I might figure out all the questions that were running around my head. If it was worth it and if it worked? YES!

“The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”– Elbert Hubbard

Now, coming to an end of this trip, I want to thank my family that had my back all the time and especially to that one friend, who didn't let me give up even that she wanted having me back with her more than anything in some times. She was so selfless, that she gave up me being directly at her side for being one of the best friends that I ever had! You will always have my back, my friend, wherever I am going to be in this world! Thank you! 
Earlier I already posted a big thank you to all those people who made this journey as special as it was and I can just say it again and again and...again: Thank you for this amazing time!!!
Now it is going to be really calm around this blog, but I am planning on creating a homepage for my journeys and as soon as it ready for you guys, I will tell you! I hope you all enjoyed following me on this journey and it might help other (especially the young ones) travelers on their way. Feel free to share and tell about it! 

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”– Terry Pratchett

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a time here in NZ!!!